07 Nov 2024
- 12:00pm - 4:30pm AEDT
Join us at our Masterclass where we use a 'real-time' case study to walk you through the issues to be addressed when a client dies with money in superannuation.
In this Masterclass we will cover the following:
- Refresher on to whom benefits can be paid and in what form
- Maximising the amount able to be retained in super on death & dealing with any liquidity issues
- Demystifying transfer balance accounts
- Reversionary pensions vs non-reversionary pensions
- Dealing with insurance proceeds
- Effect(s) on ECPI and strategies to maximise fund's position
- Getting the documentation right
- Accountants and administrators preparing SMSF accounts
- Advisers with clients with money in super
Not relevant to trustees or auditors of SMSFs
This Masterclass is a repeat of our popular Death Masterclass from prior years, updated for new developments since that time.
- Attendance only – approx. 4 hours
- SMSFA, FPA, Legislated CPD, TPB + eligible CPE with the various accounting bodies
Attendees are provided with a copy of the slide deck along with the session materials (which can be used as a reference tool). If you are unable to attend on the day, a recorded version is provided to registrants via the event platform within 2 business days of the live event.
We offer discounts for organisations registering 5 or more employees. Please contact our events team at email@example.com for more details.
By registering for this event you agree to receive communications from any partners we may engage for this event. If you do not wish to receive these communications please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Registering for this event entitles only the registered person to watch the event live or to view the recording. CPD will be provided to registrant only unless a substitute attendee has been agreed more than 24 hours prior to the event. Contact email@example.com to request any substitute attendee arrangements. Please note that additional fees may be sought should there be unauthorised access to the event, recording or assessment.