Technical Support & Training
Technical Support & Written Advice
Our technical support services gives clients immediate access to the very broad range of superannuation expertise that our specialist technical team is renowned for in the SMSF industry. It is a significant value add service if you are looking for confirmation that a particular transaction is permitted by the relevant law or practical input on how to solve a specific problem
The service is structured so that you can buy a set number of hours of technical support per annum. These hours can be used for telephone / email queries or feedback on advice that you intend to provide to your client.
Our introductory Technical Support package for advisers and accountants includes the following:
- 4 hours of telephone/email technical support per annum;
- Access to our technical newsletter service, Heffron Super News; and
- Access to our online Technical Support library.
Technical support contracts can also include training at your office, presentations to your key clients or access to unbadged client newsletters.
We also have our own Australian Financial Services Licence ("AFSL") and all our Representatives are highly experienced SMSF practitioners. We are therefore able to provide Written Advice to SMSF trustees and their advisers concerning complex issues. The breadth of advice on offer is as extensive as the breadth of expertise within our firm. It ranges from a comprehensive Statement of Advice on how individuals can most effectively structure their retirement planning affairs to advice on specific SIS compliance issues.
Training & Education
Our comprehensive range of training options includes the following:
- A 3-day intensive SMSF training course designed to cover all the relevant areas required to confidently advise SMSF clients. It is also designed to help professionals prepare for SPAA's SSA examination.
- A 1/2 day workshop which "pulls apart" a topical issue and drills down in respect of not only the technical implications but also the key practical applications.
- Our annual Advanced SMSF Training Day, which focuses exclusively on strategic advice via practical presentations and workshops ("Australia's highest accredited 1-day SMSF training course").
- In-house sessions covering key SMSF issues and related topics for those professionals who advise SMSF trustees.
All of our public training sessions are accredited which allow for industry professionals to meet their ongoing CPD and CPE requirements.
To find out more about our SMSF training options Click here or for further details in respect of our Technical Support and Training service refer to the Technical Support and Advice Service flyer available for download in Reference Documents above right or call Ben Smythe on 1300 172 247.