For many people, SMSFs provide the most flexible and cost effective superannuation platform available in Australia today.
However, superannuation and taxation laws are complex and constantly changing. You need to make sure that your retirement vehicle is structured in the most optimal way, pro-actively managed and regularly reviewed. This makes it important for the fund administration of a SMSF to be carried out by an organisation that can provide a premium comprehensive service.
Our SMSF administration service includes an administration, accounting and taxation, compliance and audit component. Some of the key functions we perform include:
- Maintenance of fund and member records during the course of the year on specialist SMSF accounting software;
- Assistance in relation to optimising tax components when benefits are paid or restructured;
- Preparation of financial statements, member contribution statements and the SMSF annual taxation return;
- Facilitation of an independent audit;
- Acting as the registered address for corporate trustees (if applicable) and handling the relevant paperwork;
- Provision of trustee minutes to support all fund transactions during the course of the year; and
- Comprehensive legislative review and annual sign off for the trustees (eg trust deed, investment strategy, death benefit nominations, asset title, etc).
We also offer a "SMSF Accounting/Compliance Outsource" service for accounting firms looking for a more efficient and cost effective solution for their SMSF client base - this service means you don't need to retain highly skilled staff or worry that you are keeping your SMSF clients in compliance with the latest regulatory requirements
Online Fund Reporting
Online fund reporting is available for funds that hold assets that can "data feed" transactional data automatically in to our system. Reporting functionality includes:
- Bank transactions
- Investment strategy asset allocation measurement
- Contribution cap tracking
- Pension payment tracking
- Member benefit details
We have attached the most recent list of applicable data feed sources under Reference Documents. A trial log-on can be provided upon request.
Finally, we charge a fixed dollar fee for our fund administration service - the size of your SMSF should not determine your fund administration fee.
To find out more about our Fund Administration service please download the attached fact sheets or call Ben Smythe on 1300 172 247.